Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Haswell Setup

Default My Haswell Setup

I'm on 326.80. I did a full uninstall too with driver fusion in safe mode too.
    It also didn't give me a nvidia control panel either. It was as if they just didn't agree with my system.

Mind you, since I upgraded its like half the PC world doesn't agree with my system lol.

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87X-OC FORCE Intel Z87
    Chip: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz
    PSU: 1200W Corsair AX Series 80PLUS Gold Modular Power Supply
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 32GB DDR3 2400 MHz
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Superclock Signature Edition x 2
    SSD: 2x Force 3 490GB in raid 0
    HDD: 2 x Toshiba (7K3000.D) 3TB SATA 6GB
    Cooler: Corsair H100i
    Sound card: Asus Xonar Xense
    Headset: Sennheiser PC 350 SE Gaming Headset
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D Black Midi Tower Window Gaming Case
    Monitor: 2 x Dell U2711 Ultrasharp
    Last edited by Lloyd_mcse; 24-09-2013 at 19:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978 View Post
    I'm on 326.80. I did a full uninstall too with driver fusion in safe mode too.
    It also didn't give me a nvidia control panel either. It was as if they just didn't agree with my system.

Mind you, since I upgraded its like half the PC world doesn't agree with my system lol.
    What are you're system specs mate?
    Main PC :
    | Intel i9-9900K @ Default
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz
    | ASUS TUF RTX 3060 OC Edition 12GB
    | Samsung 980 PRO 1TB NVMe
    | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD
    | ​Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | ASUS ProArt PA279CV 27" 4K
    | Windows 11 Professional x64
    | Full PC List |

Nice mate,
    well in the BIOS of my Sabertooth I have settings to lock the PCI slots to a certain speed/spec eg 2.0 or 3.0. I have mine set to 3.0, and I also have a setting for the on-board Intel Graphics which I changed from auto to PCI-E. There was a setting for Intel HD Audio which I set to off.

I would also make sure you are on the latest motherboard BIOS and you have the latest Intel Chipset Driver (Inf).
    Are you running a 120Hz monitor? There still seems to be problems with them.

Have a look through the Official NVIDIA Thread for these drivers, there bound to be others with the same issues.

Quote From thread
    Providing Feedback:
    Please feel free to leave feedback for any driver related issues specific to this driver. By providing your information here, you may also help others who may be experiencing the same issue you are. The more information we receive from you and others, the easier it will be for us to reproduce this issue in our labs and provide a fix through a future driver. Alternately, you may provide this same information through our NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback Form below:

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?...f07694a40f8ac6

Please provide the following information as best you can:

1) Graphics card/GPU make and model:
    2) Is this a driver regression? If yes, what was the last driver version which did not have this driver bug?
    3) Operating System:
    4) Is your graphics card manually overclocked/factory overclocked? If your graphics card is factory overclocked or manually overclocked, we recommend that you lower the clock speeds of your graphics card to NVIDIA reference clock speeds and then make another attempt to reproduce the issue you are encountering. For graphics cards which are factory overclocked, you may use a 3rd party utility such as eVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner to adjust the clock speeds of your graphics card. Our NVIDIA Products page lists the NVIDIA reference clock speeds for each of our GPUs.
    5) If your issue is specific to a game or application, please provide the title and if possible version of the software
    6) Describe the display driver issue you are encountering and if possible include step by step instructions on how to reproduce this bug. Please use the knowledge base article "How to provide valuable feedback to NVIDIA" as a guide to help you include information that will help us root cause the problem.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3141

7) Software/driver issues can sometimes be specific to a users system configuration. Please provide your system information so that we may attempt to match it as closely as possible.

CPU make and model:
    Amount of system memory:
    Motherboard make and model (if OEM system, please provide your PC make and model instead):
    Motherboard BIOS version:
    Monitor(s) make and model:
    Sound card make and model:

8) If your system meets the driver requirements however the installation process fails or gives you an error message, please reinstall the driver with logging enabled so that we may investigate the cause for this issue. Instruction available from the URL below:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3171
    And send any dump files from C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG to driverfeedback@nvidia.com
    With a detailed spec and issues you are experiencing.
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | Full PC List |

7e1f9410_41394894.jpg
    I know you have probably heard this a thousand times but I cant tell you how many options there are in my BIOS!! Honestly in every tab there are like 4/5 extra tabs, its crazy. I am actually trying to find a "walk through" or similar just to understand the basics!

Lol, can you get a screenshot of the System page/tab the options should be in there.
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | Full PC List |

IMG_3684.jpgIMG_3685.jpgIMG_3686.jpgIMG_3687.jpgIMG_3688.jpgIMG_3689.jpgIMG_3690.jpgIMG_3691.jpgIMG_3692.jpg

There wasn't much in that tab, so I took 9 so you could see what is there! Sorry pictures aren't the best, baby in one hand, phone in the other!

Something I did find interesting (totally separate) is that on pic 1 it shows 3.50ghz but on picture 4 it shows 4.30ghz

When it was first installed, Steve and Dave were here with me and we oc it to 4.3 then set it back to default after some BSOD from something else.

CPUZ confirms:

Untitled.png

Looking at the 8th picture, I see Intel Graphics enabled, do you have both the Intel and NVIDIA showing in Device Manager?
    I had both on my 2600K and ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe for Graphics Switching, but I haven't on my ASUS Z87 Sabertooth.
    I would disable the Intel Graphics to see if that helps. I would also disable the audio on that tab too.

Also in that picture I see a "Super IO Config" tab, what is in there?
    I think Spookiller has this motherboard so he may be more help.
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | Full PC List |

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978 View Post
    Something I did find interesting (totally separate) is that on pic 1 it shows 3.50ghz but on picture 4 it shows 4.30ghz

When it was first installed, Steve and Dave were here with me and we oc it to 4.3 then set it back to default after some BSOD from something else.

CPUZ confirms:
    I'm at 4.2GHz and I only have a core voltage 1.198.

EDIT: The 3.5GHz you see is the chips standard clock you can see further down on CPU-Z - Core Speed.
    Last edited by Lloyd_mcse; 24-09-2013 at 17:29.
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | Full PC List |

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_mcse View Post
    Looking at the 8th picture, I see Intel Graphics enabled, do you have both the Intel and NVIDIA showing in Device Manager?
    I had both on my 2600K and ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe for Graphics Switching, but I haven't on my ASUS Z87 Sabertooth.
    I would disable the Intel Graphics to see if that helps. I would also disable the audio on that tab too.

Also in that picture I see a "Super IO Config" tab, what is in there?
    I think Spookiller has this motherboard so he may be more help.
    Lol good point! Just disabled the two of them. I have asus drivers for my sound card and I never do graphics switching

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_mcse View Post
    I'm at 4.2GHz and I only have a core voltage 1.198.

EDIT: The 3.5GHz you see if the chips standard clock you can see further down on CPU-Z - Core Speed.
    I haven't really looked at overclocking yet as I don't understand the BIOS enough. There are "one touch set ups" which create Auto OC profiles but I would rather understand them properly first. Allegedly they use too much VCore too. Like I know what VCore is!!

There is a guy using the same mobo and chip here who explains things in further detail, I am off this week so will have a good read and see what I can decipher.

I notice in screenshot 1 and 2 your RAM is only set at 1333MHz. Check in CPU-Z for your "DRAM Frequency" a DRAM Frequency of 666MHz is 1333MHz.
    I can see the CPU is at 4.3GHz but I'm not sure where it's getting that from.
    It will be nice to know if it's clocking your CPU and RAM.

Once that has been stopped I would set a CPU Ratio of 42 and set the DRAM speed to 1600MHz and go from there.... Once you have had a read through the thread you mention.

I'm going to break this convo off into it's own thread "Haswell Setup" or something. I'll PM you a link later once I have done it.
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | Full PC List |

It's not the overclock what I set since it's giving you a voltage of 1.36... That's pretty high. I think I set it for something like 1.25.

I'd recommend just completely resetting the BIOS to optimized defaults and start from scratch.
    The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer.
    What did they look like? Ships? Motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways?
    I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day. I got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcasst View Post
    It's not the overclock what I set since it's giving you a voltage of 1.36... That's pretty high. I think I set it for something like 1.25.

I'd recommend just completely resetting the BIOS to optimized defaults and start from scratch.

Yeah and check out the first screenshot and the CPU Status and System Status down the sides,

CPU Ratio 33
    Host Clock 125MHz
    DDR Frequency 2667.97MHz
    DRAM Voltage: 1.656

and a

CPU Temp of 63
    CPU Fan Speed 2600 RPM

Seems high even for a Haswell. Even at a locked down 4.2GHz I'm at about 28 in the BIOS with my fans spinning at 1000RPM.

Since Outcasst didn't set the OC I would reset the BIOS and go from there. Remembering to turn off the Intel GFX and on-board audio, and post back with another screenshot of the BIOS.
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum