Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My little project!

Nice

If you dont mind me asking - how much do they charge to powder coat ?

Internals and externals in two seperate colours is setting me back £99.99

Nice im considering the inside of my 832 (and mobo tray ) in black

Didnt think it was that much....you could buy a case for that. will look good tho. Mine cost £6.00 ...but a lot of prep work and time. Looks so much better black.

i7 4770k 4.6ghz/Z-87 MSI G45 / X2 GTX770 Amp SLI / 16gb corsair vengeance/ X-fi Titanium soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/250gb Samsung ssd/Crucial 128gb ssd /Level 10 GT case/27" Qnix LPS 2560x1440 Monitor / Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ Rat 7 MMO/windows 7 x64 Pro. Huge penis and testicles.

Last edited by Lloyd_mcse; 08-07-2011 at 19:41.

Thats my 832 in bits there, so you'll get to see what it looks like sometime soon before you make your mind up :P

Quote Originally Posted by {SAS}TB View Post
    For you people who don't know Tb, he gets very drunk at weekends and makes you listen to very diverse music, or sends you movie clips from such classics as true romance etc etc. (one of my fave films).
    He is completely harmless (just dont turn your back on him in a public toilet as he sees this as a come on).

Edit...your link doesnt work? ha ha.
    Last edited by Lloyd_mcse; 04-08-2011 at 13:22.

i7 4770k 4.6ghz/Z-87 MSI G45 / X2 GTX770 Amp SLI / 16gb corsair vengeance/ X-fi Titanium soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/250gb Samsung ssd/Crucial 128gb ssd /Level 10 GT case/27" Qnix LPS 2560x1440 Monitor / Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ Rat 7 MMO/windows 7 x64 Pro. Huge penis and testicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Mother View Post
    For you people who don't know Tb, he gets very drunk at weekends and makes you listen to very diverse music, or sends you movie clips from such classics as true romance etc etc. (one of my fave films).
    He is completely harmless (just dont turn your back on him in a public toilet as he sees this as a come on).

Edit...your link doesnt work? ha ha.
    Its all true

As for the link not working, I cant help you as I have no idea what it was (also have no recollection of posting it :P)

Quote Originally Posted by {SAS}TB View Post
    Its all true

As for the link not working, I cant help you as I have no idea what it was (also have no recollection of posting it :P)
    See what i mean

Started the oh so laborious task of re-sleeving my psu yesterday, the corsair sleeving isn't as dense as it could be and shows the cables inside, then there's the finish at either end....glue has seeped out everywhere and the sleeving doesnt go far enough along the cablesm, wasn't what I was expecting from them I must say, my HX620 was miles better!

So after stripping off the rubbish effort by corsair and removing all of the wires from the 24 pin connector, sorting them by number as I went, I then placed the ends of the wires into a piece of foam from the psu's box. Unfortunately I didn't have any sleeving big enough to take all 24 wires at once, so I instead split them down into two sets of 12, down to the last 8" or so where they will eventually all be sleeved individually. My thumb was hurting a fair bit after this from using the lighter so much!

I need more pics.

Very nice mate, but as Yamo says - more pics !!

Will get some more up at the weekend, it's only half done so I'll finish it off friday night/saturday as I'm away at college at the moment for work

Anything in particular you want to see about it?

The sleeving saga continues!

Tried working on the psu some more today but things just weren't going my way so I've left it for a bit. Managed to get half of the wires sleeved and secured in the plug, all in the right place, but took some doing. I didn't really check when I was sleeving and shrinking down how far the pins would make it into the plug once sleeved, should have done really as it meant I had to re-shrink all 12 of the blighters, but its meant that the sleeving has had to be pushed further back up each wire, leaving it a bit looser than I would have liked, oh well...

Can see what it looks like from the pics, can see the burnt bit at the psu end of the cable too

Some goodies arrived in the week, mixed emotions really!

The Bitspower fittings look awesome, as does the EK block, but the Enzotech cpu block seems a bit off what I was expecting, its a lot darker, akin to the bitspower black sparkle fittings rather than the shiney silver I was expecting it to be. It also is going to cause me some issues I was hoping to avoid, its just not quite big enough to take 1/2" ID compression fittings, so its going to have to be barbs, was hoping to be able to keep everything the same throughout, but it seems some things just weren't mean to be!

Test fitted both the shining silver and the black sparkle bitspower barbs to the Ek block to check out which I preferred.

Shining silver:

Black Sparkle:

Won't be fitting the block to the 4870x2 until I've had the card running on air, just to check it works before messing with it, also need to decide wether to go for shining silver or black sparkle fittings, and find some more suitable fittings for the cpu block, thinking of primochil ghost barbs but I'm really not certain on them.

Case is almost finished over with the guys at watercooling uk, it was ready for posting back to me but I requested some last minute changes, figured I'd need a new plate for the bottom of the case to fit a 240mm rad without leaving a gap in the bottom of the case. I've not had any more photos from them yet and their connection is being messed around by bt from what I can gather.

Should have just about everything back and ready by the end of next month, just going to need a cpu and some ram to get the rig running after then. Going to be a bit of tweaking and tuning after then, still on the look out for some bitspower blocks for the p6t deluxe, and no where has any 250mm EK multi option reservoirs in stock which could hold things up, fingers crossed!

Appologies for the enourmous photos when full size, have just got home after a long drive and am not feeling all that grand lol