3D Graphics 12%
    2D Graphics 14%
    CPU 27%
    Total 100%

You can run the tests individually or the full suite for an overall score

You can download it from :

http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm

If we get enough interest ill start a chart

Ok I ran a test and my results are exactly the same as yours!!!

Passmark rating is 1586.6

Test Suite Weighting
    Disk 20%
    CD / DVD 9%
    Memory 18%
    3D Graphics 12%
    2D Graphics 14%
    CPU 27%
    Total 100%

Intel Q6600 @ 4ghz, H50 | Tagan BZ 800w PSU | 8GB Crucial Ballistixs 6400 DDR2 | Abit IX38 QuadGT | 1x 5770 |2 x 500GB Sata II | OS: Win7 Pro 64 bit | Xerox XM7-22W | Razer Copperhead | Razer Tarantula | NZXT Panzerbox

I got 1851.0.....wheres the % readings?

i7 4770k 4.6ghz/Z-87 MSI G45 / X2 GTX770 Amp SLI / 16gb corsair vengeance/ X-fi Titanium soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/250gb Samsung ssd/Crucial 128gb ssd /Level 10 GT case/27" Qnix LPS 2560x1440 Monitor / Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ Rat 7 MMO/windows 7 x64 Pro. Huge penis and testicles.

lol

The weightings are the split of the tests to give your overall score :P

So (for example) your CPU score makes up 27% of the overall score

so is it a good score or a bad 1? high low good or bad?

i7 4770k 4.6ghz/Z-87 MSI G45 / X2 GTX770 Amp SLI / 16gb corsair vengeance/ X-fi Titanium soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/250gb Samsung ssd/Crucial 128gb ssd /Level 10 GT case/27" Qnix LPS 2560x1440 Monitor / Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ Rat 7 MMO/windows 7 x64 Pro. Huge penis and testicles.

you beat me

Intel Q6600 @ 4ghz, H50 | Tagan BZ 800w PSU | 8GB Crucial Ballistixs 6400 DDR2 | Abit IX38 QuadGT | 1x 5770 |2 x 500GB Sata II | OS: Win7 Pro 64 bit | Xerox XM7-22W | Razer Copperhead | Razer Tarantula | NZXT Panzerbox

My very first run got

after some more tweaking and OCing I got:

After realising there was a "way" of hugely increasing the scores, I got:

Balls out and really pushing I managed :

Then after seeing another way of getting a huge increase im currently at:

So its a load of shite then? 99% of people will just get a normal reading while others can tweak theirs to give an insane increase? you've lost me totally now.

Well, yes and no :P

My best run is 2079.3 with overclocks etc. but without the "exploitation".

If you look at teh weightings they give a good percentage to the HDD and to a lesser degree the CD - there are relatively simple ways of exploting these areas.

To get masssive increases in your HDD score you can set up a RAM drive - basically using some of your PCs RAM as a drive (pretty similar to solid state drives).

I partitioned of 1GB of my RAM as a RAM disc and the access times are will over 2000 comared to under 200 for my RAID0 Raptors the read times with are 7-8 m/s on the RAID is 0 (instant) on a RAM drive - therefore HUGE increase in your HDD score.

To take this a step further you can then create a CD image (iso etc) and mount it after saving the image to your RAM drive - again instant access on your CD image therefoer huge score increases

Cheating / Exploiting or making the most of whats available I suppose that is down to the individuals stance but taking these realtively "simple" steps does produce vastly inflated scores :P

I will say, on the downside, that if you monitor your GPU clock speeds during the test the "3D" tests 1 and 2 (due to being run as a window) do not ramp your GPU(s) upto 3D speeds and therefore (in my opinion) are not true 3D tests, but 2D (ive raised this on the developers web site)

Either way quite a nice little app for a full system test

Quote Originally Posted by {SAS}TB View Post
    huge score increases

Cheating / Exploiting or making the most of whats available I suppose that is down to the individuals stance but taking these realtively "simple" steps does produce vastly inflated scores :P
    Either way quite a nice little app for a full system test
    You can't really compare it to others as its open to abuse. your first score was 2.... then you got 22.... thats a crazy increase in score. It should test your pc and thats it...i dont mind the overclocking of your pc to get a higher score as that represents what your pc is capable of doing maxed out. but the increases you got was mental.
    I dont understand how i got a higher score than jura55ic?
    Hes got x2 4870s crossfire and clocked and ive got a 4870 1gb standard settings. i do understand my cpu will bump it up a bit ...but hmm.
    I done this test months ago ....got it from stevieboy...aka goldchain.
    Now find a test that cant be tweaked please xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Mother View Post
    You can't really compare it to others as its open to abuse. your first score was 2.... then you got 22.... thats a crazy increase in score. It should test your pc and thats it...i dont mind the overclocking of your pc to get a higher score as that represents what your pc is capable of doing maxed out. but the increases you got was mental.
    I dont understand how i got a higher score than jura55ic?
    Hes got x2 4870s crossfire and clocked and ive got a 4870 1gb standard settings. i do understand my cpu will bump it up a bit ...but hmm.
    I done this test months ago ....got it from stevieboy...aka goldchain.
    Now find a test that cant be tweaked please xxx
    Anyone can do what ive done with a helo from theor friend Google :P

As for the scores Quads get a better score than Duals and teh GFX element is not a huge percentage of the overall score. Also I dont think, after some playing about, that this is a true reflection of the GFX power of your card(s) as eh "3D" tests dont actually test your 3D and it doesnt (other than the last GFX test) appear to use the secoond GPU or core

Anyway my e-peen is huge on this one so its my favourite for the moment :P

No go grab yourself a RAM drive

After some discussion on their forums, they have released an updated beta:

32-bit: http://www.passmark.com/ftp/petst7beta.exe
    64-bit: http://www.passmark.com/ftp/petst7beta_x64.exe

"Update - 19 Feburary 2009
    Beta 6 now available. Changes the way the Passmark rating is calculated in order to stop extremely high values on individual sub scores from having a disproportional affect on the overall score. "

"We've made a change to the score calculation and put up a new beta. The new formula will severely limit the effect of a few sub scores being in the extremely high ranges. The formula is basically like this.

each sub score is used as a divisor to its weighting

weighting (eg. 0.29(29&#37 for CPU) / cpu sub score

These are than added together and inverted.

1 / addition of all sub-score formula outputs.

There's a few other things we do in order to keep the scores roughly equivalent to the old V6 ones so you can't apply this formula directly to your sub-scores and get the actual Passmark rating but this is the gist of it."

Still haven't addressed the 3D test

Anyway, I gave it a whirl "out the box" and got:

So a drastic reduction in the overall score, but has it completely levelled the field for RAM discs and Image mounts ? Lets see :P

NO RAM DISC (USING EVERYDAY HDD) AND DISC IN THE DVD PLAYER:

Exactly the same setup, ran straight after the above, but with

RAM DISC AND ISO IMAGE MOUNTED FROM THE RAM DISC

So still a good increase using these "tweaks", but not the huge increases seen on the previous versions

Best score to date (only done three properly) is