Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watercooling advice ............... :)

Good temps you got there with everything in one loop

Intel Q6600 @ 4ghz, H50 | Tagan BZ 800w PSU | 8GB Crucial Ballistixs 6400 DDR2 | Abit IX38 QuadGT | 1x 5770 |2 x 500GB Sata II | OS: Win7 Pro 64 bit | Xerox XM7-22W | Razer Copperhead | Razer Tarantula | NZXT Panzerbox

Cheers

I know its tad cooler today, but the temps have dropped slowly over the last few days:

PC was on for 1/2 hour this morning and:

And then just taken and its been on for almost 4 hours :

I have always disliked the fact that the GFX card cables couldnt be hidden away more:

So i chopped some spare lengths of tubing, sliced the length and wrapped them round the cables, threaded some coils over the connectors and voila:

I think it looks better - may have a bit more of a mess about with it

I thought of that idea a while back but thought it might look odd with no water in it....looks ok under uv tho. whats it look like with normal light?

i7 4770k 4.6ghz/Z-87 MSI G45 / X2 GTX770 Amp SLI / 16gb corsair vengeance/ X-fi Titanium soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/250gb Samsung ssd/Crucial 128gb ssd /Level 10 GT case/27" Qnix LPS 2560x1440 Monitor / Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ Rat 7 MMO/windows 7 x64 Pro. Huge penis and testicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Mother View Post
    I thought of that idea a while back but thought it might look odd with no water in it....looks ok under uv tho. whats it look like with normal light?
    OK - Ill post some picks later when im back home

Coupled with the fact you cant see them when the side is on I thinck they look ok :P

I would change them for blue hose myself, i have a piece here off jurassic. not sure wot size it is....maybe just enough for 1 piece tho. he may have some more spare?
    mines orange so it will look the same.
    I hate seeing cables everywhere.....spoils the look. You should braid those power and reset cables m8, would look much better.

i7 4770k 4.6ghz/Z-87 MSI G45 / X2 GTX770 Amp SLI / 16gb corsair vengeance/ X-fi Titanium soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/250gb Samsung ssd/Crucial 128gb ssd /Level 10 GT case/27" Qnix LPS 2560x1440 Monitor / Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ Rat 7 MMO/windows 7 x64 Pro. Huge penis and testicles.

Thanks mate, but im not that bothered TBH - As I say you cant even see them with the case side on :P The picture is actually also "worse" than in real life

I will do something with the header cables, infact I have something in mind .......

Quote Originally Posted by {SAS}TB View Post
    I will do something with the header cables, infact I have something in mind .......
    prey tell.....

Ill see how it goes and then tell you if it looks any good :P

ha ha....ok m8, good luck.

Well ive added some grilles to the fans and added a new fan controller (6 channel - it cant run the enterprise like some - but i like it :P)

Hers teh FC (ill post some of it on my rig tomorrow hopefully)

The braiding kits were out of stock so the header cables have been wrapped in black electricians tape :P

Just buy the braiding and heatshrink seperate m8...cheaper and you only buy wot your gonna use.

So i decided to mess about with my watercooling :P

Itchy fingers and all that I decided to add an additional Thermochill PA120.1 into the case to take the x2 and leave the TC PA 120.3 just for the CPU

I did envisage it sitting in the roof of the case (it is does fit) just far to tight to get the rad, with fan and fan holder attached and into place and I really wanted to have the fan in the fan holder for neatness.

After a bit of experimenting I realised (with a re-jig of my drive bays, I could fit the rad / fan in the front of the case, so off i went ...................

First of all I drilled the four screw holes out of the fan holder so I could screw through it, the fan and into the rad, for a more secure job (more on this later !) and removed the filter and mesh front, and clipped the fan into place:

I then screwed the fan and holder onto the rad :

You may notice the "bulge" to the side, this is as you screw the holder tight to the rad the clips holding the fan are forced apart (I eventually cut these back and re-arranged the attachment of the whole set up as it fouled the edging that closes over the side of the drive bays

Back to the screws (ahhhhh!!!!!) I would suggest you check, then double check, the screws and attachment to the rad very carefully - The rad shown is the second I had to purchase as I pierced the first one resulting in blue Feser pissing all over my study floor

As you can see the screws supplied by Thermochill (on the right) are longer than those supplied by a third party supplier for TC rads!

I would like to say at this point Steve at TC was very good through all of this offering advice on how to repair the hole and giving me a discount on the replacement. Also note the "other" screws are a better size, but possibly a tad short for some situations. Anyway on with the job at hand ....

Space wise I didn't see how id get another DCC pump / res in and didn't want to spend the money on what started out as an experiment so I opted for a single drive bay pump / res combo (I may swap this out at a later date) - I dont particularly like the look of them so i taped the mesh front from a single bay infill to the front of the res to camouflage it a bit:

Last edited by {SAS}TB; 17-04-2009 at 16:02.