Thread: Share your Tips - Do's & Don'ts

Default Share your Tips - Do's & Don'ts

Hiya guys,
    I saw some people complaining about not using tube clamps/worm drive clips on their tubing. Like i said to them i've been running 3/8" Tygon...
    Inner Diameter - 3/8" - (10mm)
    Outer Diameter - 5/8" - (16mm)
    Wall Thickness - 1/8" - (3mm)
    on 1/2" barbs for over a year now, in all temps overclocked etc without an issue.
    I initially went this route becuase of the spacing between the barbs on the Fuzion. In both my build i did this and only put plastic hose clamps on certain points like the rad in the roof, and on the pump (in Rig 2). But other than that i haven't had any of the issues people have with 7/16" tubing. So if u would like a nice clean look i can highly recommend 3/8" tygon on 1/2" barbs. Though it's best on EK barbs, i have used fatboys in Rig 2 but you simply cannot remove the tube, which is really a bonus till u need to strip it down lol.
    So EK 1/2" barbs with 3/8" Tygon tube FTW!!
    Main PC :
    | Intel i9-9900K @ Default
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz
    | ASUS TUF RTX 3060 OC Edition 12GB
    | Samsung 980 PRO 1TB NVMe
    | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD
    | ​Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | ASUS ProArt PA279CV 27" 4K
    | Windows 11 Professional x64
    | Full PC List |

Any thoughts about compression fittings lloyd, been looking at the TFC 1/2" od fittings, but am unsure about what to go for.

well it depends on what blocks u have really. Like a Fuzion (V1 and 2) u can only use 3/8 compression fittings, but a EK Supreme or a Swiftech GTZ will take 1/2" compression fittings. BUt a EK Supreme should really be on it's own loop, whereas a GTZ and the Fuzion will happily be on a multi-block loop, though IMO the Fuzion is still a better block.

Then there's the northbridge/southbridge, i don't know of any that can fit 1/2" comp fittings (off the top of my head)

You can also have fitting issues with GFX blocks like the full cover EK blocks, as the fitting hits the cards pcb.

I have bought a load of Feser (TFC) 3/8" comp fittings for when i rebuild my TJ07 (rig 1) and they seem fine on what i'll be using

I will add to this as i get the chance....
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | Windows 11 Professional x64
    | Full PC List |

Cheers lloyd, seems 3/8" is the way to go, was looking at getting the EK Supreme block, and putting it in a twin radiator loop, so res, pump, 120.3 rad, EK supreme, 120.1 rad, EK 4870 block, res, but you say the supreme should really be in its own loop, so i might have to have a re-think.

An EK Supreme is definatly the best performer but IIRC it's only by 1 to 2 degrees max.
    I know people that have a Supreme and a nb block on one loop, but i can't remember what pump they were using probably an Iwaki or 2x DDCs.
    Sorry I'm really busy atm but i'll try and find some figures, if you have a look at ...
    http://www.limited-edition-computers.com/MartinsLiquidLab/ there's loads of reviews and a flowrate estimater which is very highly regarded as are his reviews.
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum