Thread: Help needed

Default Help needed

ok so i have this issue that me and lloyd and even my uncle have been trying to sort and i found this from another guy who has the same desktop as me (only my new graphics card is better its a Nvidia 8800gt) and i have tried bigger case more fans i even laid a huge house fan next to the box and still it freezes. we have tried drivers, software, parts, complete windows install any ideas ??
    .................................................. .................................................. ...
    hello everyone ,for start is my first post and i want to thank in advance to ppl for reading about my trouble , im a average computer user , i know few things but im looking for some good advise as i still dont know what could be the problem in my new pc and if is worthy to try to solve or try to get my money back!

i bought recently a refurbished from factory advent qc-6003 , it's a fast computer for its price ,i bought a pny geforce 9400gt 512m, installed vista and played some warcraft and it was crashing every half n hour , lock ups , no alt f4 no crt +alt +del , frozen screen , no sound , press power button was the only thing to do.

i went for the gpu drivers , updated them , os drivers windows vista x64 updated aswell , there are some drivers that driver robot say that could be updated but i dont think they are the source of the problem.

Then i noticed that the case is quite small for a desktop and it just have a small extractor fan , appart of gpu fan , so i opened and keep it open and also i took off 2 g of ram ( i read too much ram can be a problem since my psu is only 350w Foxconn ISO-450PP 350w PSU ) and now it can play for few of hours without freeze but then freezes and then keeps doing it every few minutes. ( so i have to stop completely )

i read in some user reviews that apparently is a problem with the motherboard (Intel DG45ID mainboard) design and pci express gpu that produces over heating , but i think with the case open that problem should be fixed am i right?

read aswell some advent qc 6300 users had same problems with onboard audio drivers and that post reccomended to update the bios , is that a safe move?

most important... can this lock ups do a permanently damage to my machine? shall i stop playing until i got a solution?

is that gpu overheating? system overheating ? i did run speedfan and gpu was 59C after last lock up(couple of minutes after it went to 54C) and cpu was only 45C ,motherboard was 35C ( it also says couple of values i dont understand :ICH 75C and MCH 69C )

sound drivers problem? bios update is safe?

psu too small 350w?

shall i contact the guy who sold it to me and try to ask my money back ??? if is fixable i prefer to do it , i got this pc for 230 pounds and i dont think i will get anything like this that cheap , but i dont want to buy a trouble tho.

Big Tee Shirt Ad

Advent QC6003 PC

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 (2.33GHz)
    BIOS Press F2 to enter
    Motherboard Intel DG45ID
    Memory 6GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz (4 memory slots. Max 8GB)
    Hard Drive 640GB SATA II
    CD Drive DVD?RW Supermulti
    Video Card Integrated Intel GMA X4500HD
    Sound Card IDT 92HD73E HD Audio Codec
    Network Intel 82567LF Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mb/s) Ethernet LAN controller
    Ports (front) 1x Microphone
    1x Headphone
    2x USB 2.0
    1x Media Card Reader
    Ports (rear) 1x HDMI
    1x DVI
    6x USB 2.0
    1x IEE1394 (FireWire)
    1x eSATA
    1x LAN
    1x Optical Digital Line-Out
    5x Audio Input/Output
    Keyboard Chicony KR-0350 Wireless RF
    Mouse Chicony MR-0350T Wireless

For freezing i would be looking at temps m8...why not try running rivatuner hardware monitoring on your desktop while you play a game, then when it freezes you can view the graph to see what your top temp was b4 it went tits. or if you have to do a hard reboot just collapse the desktop before it freezes and check your temps then....if ok i would be looking at your psu....350 watts just isn't enough imo.
    Also can you try the g-card in another pc to see if its ok in that one?
    It is just a process of elimination...i had this same problem with my sons rig...it was a dodgy mobo at the end.
    Last edited by Ya Mother; 20-02-2010 at 03:15.

i7 4770k 4.6ghz/Z-87 MSI G45 / X2 GTX770 Amp SLI / 16gb corsair vengeance/ X-fi Titanium soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/250gb Samsung ssd/Crucial 128gb ssd /Level 10 GT case/27" Qnix LPS 2560x1440 Monitor / Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ Rat 7 MMO/windows 7 x64 Pro. Huge penis and testicles.

i found the problem and it was with the bios i had noticed that on the intel website the bios updates for my board where idg4510h but my bios was idg4511h so i rang the company i got it from and they tried pinning the blame on me and it couldnt possible be there fault so i done some searching and finally came across a bios update for 1dg4511h after flashing my bios with this i am now running smooth and overclocked and i did also change the psu a couple nights ago to a 650 all i need now is a bigger case and some fans lol as i have a micro case with one processor fan and one outlet fan (and dont forget the one on the card) but i think its going to get abit warm in there lol but thanks for the help mate just remember NEVER get an INTEL DG45ID motherboard as this is not the first problem i have ran into with it there are aload of issues with it and im still thinking of selling and getting a new one

So what case are you getting to keep it all cool?....i recommend any of the antecs.

i7 4770k 4.6ghz/Z-87 MSI G45 / X2 GTX770 Amp SLI / 16gb corsair vengeance/ X-fi Titanium soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/250gb Samsung ssd/Crucial 128gb ssd /Level 10 GT case/27" Qnix LPS 2560x1440 Monitor / Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ Rat 7 MMO/windows 7 x64 Pro. Huge penis and testicles.

yeah needs to be the graphics card at the mo is sitting about and inch from bottom of case lol need one alot bigger and lots of fans i will need some of those aswel lol