Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BC2 Issues

Default BC2 Issues

Man, I've been searching through the server list and I can't find it to add it to my favourites. The Server name search doesn't find it either.

Christ, the server list takes AGES to refresh.
    The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer.
    What did they look like? Ships? Motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways?
    I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day. I got in.

OMG not the ea server problem!!
    Asus P8Z68 Deluxe ~ Intel i7 2600K 3.4ghz ~ Corsair A70 ~ 8GB Corsair Vengance (Blue) ~ Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II ~
    Asus Xonar DX ~ Seasonic M12 700 watt PSU ~ Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced ~ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

yup typical EA bugs have appeared. constant dissconnects and i cant even find a game on the server list unless i select conquest.

Its a shame coz the hour i have been playing its awsome.
    [It would not be a picnic without the ants]

PS3 = no problems.....
    Asus P8Z68 Deluxe ~ Intel i7 2600K 3.4ghz ~ Corsair A70 ~ 8GB Corsair Vengance (Blue) ~ Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II ~
    Asus Xonar DX ~ Seasonic M12 700 watt PSU ~ Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced ~ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

No issues here after an hours play kicked me off, so i downloaded the latest 3.4 pbsetup ran it and straight on np's at all
    People are having issues connecting atm (10pm ish), i think the ea master server is down or something as i couldn't login. Hopefully fixing a few issues
    Main PC :
    | Intel i9-9900K @ Default
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz
    | ASUS TUF RTX 3060 OC Edition 12GB
    | Samsung 980 PRO 1TB NVMe
    | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD
    | ​Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | ASUS ProArt PA279CV 27" 4K
    | Windows 11 Professional x64
    | Full PC List |

i cant play for more than 1 map without getting booted off.

Iv'e updated punkbuster and the game itself with no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by -)LeC(- Bully View Post
    PS3 = no problems.....

This game is incredible, in a differant league to MW2.

Yeah but be warned u will want alot of RAM, I had nearly used all my 4GB when i looked in performance (ctrl+alt+delete)
    I feel a purchase coming on lol
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | Full PC List |

Quote Originally Posted by -)LeC(-Lloyd_mcse View Post
    I had nearly used all my 4GB when i looked in performance
    This got me wondering as i run a simular system to you with 4GB Ram.

I played for an hour today and monitored the usage in task manager.

It never peaked above 1.5GB

I was playing on MAXIMUM Graphics 1680X1050 settings FULL AA & Effects etc with Cinema Surround Sound selected.

Average Usage: (Image Missed out a 0)
    1032290 K Which is what? About 1GB

I monitord the usage on my second monitor during play.

Last edited by Spookkiller; 07-03-2010 at 16:37.

I think when i saw 4 GB the game must have been crashing. Because today i checked and total ram use was 1.5GB or so which is very impressive
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | Full PC List |

We need to try and keep the BC2 server active. Here is a quote from multiplay

Due to the continued issues with the EA master servers, DICE have requested we turn off servers which aren't actively being used by players.

As we want you guys to enjoy this excellent game with as little problems as possible, we are going to be turning off all servers which have had 0 players for over 8 hours.
    Thanks to darbs for the info
    The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer.
    What did they look like? Ships? Motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways?
    I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day. I got in.

Yeah I was going to post that lol
    It's in the news section on Clanforge

Mar 11 2010 15:39:27 by Killing

Due to the continued issues with the EA master servers, DICE have requested we turn off servers which aren't actively being used by players.

As we want you guys to enjoy this excellent game with as little problems as possible, we are going to be turning off all servers which have had 0 players for over 8 hours.

Please note that this is a temporary measure, which we hope everyone will support; however we also appreciate that some of your may not want your servers turned off so if you would like exclude your server follow this simply process:-
    1. Goto ClanForge -> Servers, select your server and Click Edit
    2. Once in the edit screen configure your servers "Auto Restart Interval" to something other than None e.g. 1 Week
    3. Save your server
    Note: All restart intervals for BC2 have been reset so even if you already set this option you will need to set it again.

Just to confirm this will only effect servers if they haven't seen a single player for over 8 hours so there is no need to worry that your server will be turned off when its full.
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | Full PC List |

Default Latest Statement

High Game Server Demand pushes capacity past 150k player slots

Yesterday an article went up at VE3D stating that DICE has asked all GSP?s to turn off idle servers and it caused a bit of a stir in the community. While there is some truth to the article it also has a number of inaccuracies which we?ll explain here.
    This was not asked of all GSP?s but only to one of our closest GSP?s, Multiplay.co.uk. We approached them with the idea of shutting down servers that have had no players in the server for 8 hours with the option of opting in or out for the server owners.
    We did not make this decision lightly but as an attempt to temporarily lower traffic on EA servers that is caused by the game server browser while we work on a client fix for the browser here at DICE. After previously shutting down all EA Public servers which accounted for approximately 40,000 player slots we have actually gained approximately 50,000 more player slots from new rental servers. We currently have enough server capacity to allow over 150,000 players to get in a game server at once and that is just on PC.
    As those who have servers at Multiplay will be aware you can opt out of your server being shut down during times of inactivity, however if you aren?t aware of how to do this and you would like to opt out of allowing your server to be shut down when idle you can do so through your account at ClanForge.
    If you chose to opt in to allow your server to be shut down during times of inactivity you can start your server again at any time and as often as you like.
    Other server hosts may offer a similar option on their servers. Please contact your server provider directly to see if they have any plans and if so how you can opt in or out.
    This temporary solution will help reduce the server load until we can release a client fix to help reduce server browser load while keeping enough game server slots running for everyone to be able to get in game. Once our client update is complete, Multiplay will not use the idle server shut down setting and we will start up all of the EA Public servers again.

EA servers are down all tomorrow......has anyone tried this? http://ohlawl.com/liseda.html
    set your fov to 90 if your using 1920x1200 and 75 if your using 1680x1050. Default is 55....great if you keep getting knifed....you can see them coming if you up your fov.
    Also if your rig is struggling turn off Bloom and HSAO.

Edit....sorry posted in wrong section....just seen bfbc2.
    Last edited by Ya Mother; 12-03-2010 at 22:13.

i7 4770k 4.6ghz/Z-87 MSI G45 / X2 GTX770 Amp SLI / 16gb corsair vengeance/ X-fi Titanium soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/250gb Samsung ssd/Crucial 128gb ssd /Level 10 GT case/27" Qnix LPS 2560x1440 Monitor / Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ Rat 7 MMO/windows 7 x64 Pro. Huge penis and testicles.

That looks interesting Mother I have flashing water and windows on my 4870X2, but graphics are perfect on my 8800GTX and 4870 1GB (single card) will have a fiddle later.

Thanks Darbs
    Main PC :
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum