Thread: V. Rossi - INJURED

Default V. Rossi - INJURED

Rossi suffers leg fracture

(UKPA) ? 48 minutes ago

Valentino Rossi suffered a fractured leg in a crash during practice at Mugello on Saturday morning.
    The Fiat Yamaha rider, who sits second in the MotoGP riders' standings ahead of Sunday's Italian Grand Prix, crashed his bike at turn 13 and was seen clutching his right foot in the gravel trap.
    The Italian was removed to the Tuscan circuit's medical centre for x-rays, where the extend of the reigning champion's injuries became clearer.
    A Fiat Yamaha statement read: "Valentino Rossi has suffered a displaced and exposed fracture of his right tibia after crashing in practice for the Italian Grand Prix in Mugello this morning.
    "The reigning world champion crashed his Fiat Yamaha M1 at turn 13, the fast chicane at the top of the hill, and was taken immediately to the circuit Medical Centre for x-rays.
    "Further information will be made public as soon as a more detailed examination has been completed."
    Rossi was eyeing a 10th career victory at his home circuit this weekend, and seeking to end the strong sequence of performances by team-mate Jorge Lorenzo, who has won the last two races to move nine points clear at the top of the championship standings.
    Dr Claudio Costa of Clinica Mobile, MotoGP's travelling medical facility, later revealed that Rossi could be sidelined for up to three months by the injury, which he described as "very serious".
    "It's a more serious fracture than we expected," Costa told reporters.
    "It's a compound fracture which involves both the tibia and the fibula. I hope there are no complications It will be at least two or three months for him to recover. It's not the usual break of the bone, it's very serious."
    Main PC :
    | Intel i9-9900K @ Default
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz
    | ASUS TUF RTX 3060 OC Edition 12GB
    | Samsung 980 PRO 1TB NVMe
    | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD
    | ​Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | ASUS ProArt PA279CV 27" 4K