Thread: What would your 11 have been?

Default What would your 11 have been?

As the title suggests what 11 would you have picked?

Keeper: Haart

Back 4: M.Richards - Dawson - Terry (C) - A. Cole

Holding: Huddleson

Midfield: Lampard - Johnson*

Front: Milner - Defoe - J. Cole

4 - 3 - 3 in possension moving to 4 - 5 - 1 without!
    I believe all those players are/were fit.

*Johnson, is it Andy Johnson from Man City? Good player. Ah found him it's Adam Johnson
    Last edited by Lloyd_mcse; 30-06-2010 at 11:22.
    Main PC :
    | Intel i9-9900K @ Default
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz
    | ASUS TUF RTX 3060 OC Edition 12GB
    | Samsung 980 PRO 1TB NVMe
    | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD
    | ​Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | ASUS ProArt PA279CV 27" 4K
    | Windows 11 Professional x64
    | Full PC List |

i wouldn't have lampard, to me he doesn't offer much apart from shooting long range. You very rarely seem him poping up with assists unless it's from a corner/free kick.

I would swap Gerrard for lampard, only because he offers much more going forward and defensively.

Joe cole and milner are good choices, lennon to come on for milner later in the game to use his pace.

I would go

Keeper : Haart

Back 4: Richards - ??* - Terry (C)** - A. Cole

Midfield Def : Barry - Huddlestone

Midfield Att : Milner - Gerrard - J. Cole

Forward : Rooney

Even though Rooney has been rubbish i don't think he needs dropping, still much better than defoe when upfront on his own

** i think Terry is getting slower!!! I have never really rated him too much but i think he is becoming a liability

* i don't know who to put here, Rio would normally be there but he is getting on.

England will have some serious issue in defence soon, they need young defenders to start stepping up, this is the time they can know the older guys out

none of em
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k 4.5GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
    Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    Graphics: GTX 770 x2 sli
    Power: Corsair 750w Modular
    Storage: ssd 120GB, 2 tb/500GB Storage Drive
    Cooling: Corsair H100
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Black
    Sound:Vengence 2000 corsair wireless gaming headset

Oh I mean't to say, I left Rooney out coz he was injured and not performing. Once fit you could interchange Defoe with Rooney and/or Crouch.

Gerrard, doesn't get on my bench - he's to used to being a one man show at Liverpool. And is the most over-rated player in the Prem IMHO

Lampard is a must - 20 + goals a season and used to playing with good players as a team

Terry has never been blessed with speed, so should be played along side a quicker player. I choose Dawson as he had been playing well and afaik was fit

I picked Micah (Micka whatever) Richards (Man City) as right back due to his previous England performances.

The way Capello was talking it was as if the FA had been picking the team, the way he said "he spoke to the FA about using younger players in the future" or something in his press conference. Like he needs permission to choose his players. Maybe lost in translation :shrug:

We need to start blooding younger players alongside the current team, a good balance between youth and experience, get Michael Mancienne alongside JT, Johnson (City) with lamps in midfield, upfront you have Milner who is fairly young

Just my 2 pence worth
    Last edited by Lloyd_mcse; 30-06-2010 at 11:23.
    Main PC :
    | Intel i9-9900K @ Default
    | ASUS Maximus XI Hero
    | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz
    | ASUS TUF RTX 3060 OC Edition 12GB
    | Samsung 980 PRO 1TB NVMe
    | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe
    | Sound Blaster AE-7
    | Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD
    | ​Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB
    | Corsair HX850 Platinum
    | ASUS ProArt PA279CV 27" 4K
    | Windows 11 Professional x64
    | Full PC List |

I realise it's a bit late now but because I am such an avid follower of the noble game of cheats and whiners and as a mark of respect for yet another award winning English 11 overpaid losers I thought I should enter my favoured team for your perusal. beta

First and foremost, I always think, a good goalie can forgive a multitude of sins and for that reason I would have picked Spiderman, I think his spidey senses, the ability to hang upside down from the crossbar and his skill at tangling people in webs, which I don't think FIFA has banned yet, would add an important dimension to our defense at this end of the pitch.

Talking of defense; I'm going to take a bit of a punt here, while some people go for tackling skills I'm going to opt for a much more crowd pleasing ability to distract and slow attacking players. I thought perhaps Kate Moss and Coco Rocha on the wings and, in the middle, where you need sometimes to get more to grips with incoming players, a couple of more hardcore talents ready to play to the crowd (and ref) such as Hayley Atwell and Kristen Stewart.

In midfield, and I know some of you are yelling 442 here and Lloyd is all 433 at the moment but I'm going to opt for a more esoteric 4321, anyway, in centre field I'm going to go for our favourite Muppet; Animal, no disrespect to Kermit but I think his single minded devotion to cookies could make a telling difference to the game.
    On the wings I thought I'd go with Tomsk, an athletic Womble with a low IQ that I think would fit in well with the rest of the squad and our very own Thundercat's Snarf who's cute little asides to camera will help buoy the rest of the teams spirits.

Upfront, and we all know how important the front three players can be, I'm going to pick Mr Fantastic, Mr Incredible and Superman obviously.

Of course I do realise that some of these players may not have competed in league football over the last year, or ever, but it's important to remember that minor details like this are unimportant and that as your new national football coach you are gonna be paying me an awful lot of money so I don't really care if the team I picked are crap.

If you can think of any small changes you might like to suggest, like the lack of Cheasle players or a formation tweak you might like to make then fire away, your comments can be fired for free but it's 12 mil to fire me..

Default england chelse man u fail.

sausages.
    Last edited by Shadowdave; 06-07-2010 at 17:31.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k 4.5GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
    Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    Graphics: GTX 770 x2 sli
    Power: Corsair 750w Modular
    Storage: ssd 120GB, 2 tb/500GB Storage Drive
    Cooling: Corsair H100
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Black
    Sound:Vengence 2000 corsair wireless gaming headset

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdave View Post
    tottenham harry rednapp is an ace manger to come in and do what he has i sun real
    BOOOOOO!!!! Deserter......

Sorry couldn't resist (I mean come on, it is only the truth after all :P)

My 11 would have been the mates that I play football with on a Sunday.

We have more chance of winning anything than that squad of overpaid sissies who would rather be famous than be proud of playing for their country.