Thread: Diskeeper 2011 Professional

Default Diskeeper 2011 Professional

Diskeeper 2011 should be publicly available from the 22 March 2011, I have it running on my system, nice app performance gains over 2010 and defrag is quicker too.
    The interface hasn't changed much in quite a while, but there are some nice added features like the System Performance dialog when you start Diskeeper, see below..

Diskeeper 2011 Professional

Designed to optimize your PC for maximum speed and reliability. Diskeeper® 2011 Professional performance software elevates PC performance automatically by eliminating fragmentation-related problems before they occur. Get fragmentation prevention, instant defrag and quick file retrieval all in one.

http://www.diskeeper.com/home-use/di...onal/overview/

Excellent software,
    Last edited by Lloyd_mcse; 20-01-2012 at 01:38.

You can download a 30 day trial from the above link.
    If your running on "Hard Drives" you should give it a go

I haven't tried their "With HyperFast" version that is designed for SSD's too

http://www.diskeeper.com/home-use/di...view/?Id=55262

For the first time I have had to deal with Diskeeper customer support, over the last week I have filled out their support request form 3 times and heard nothing back at all, not even an email to tell me the request has been submitted.
    All I need them to do is reset my activation limit, their support leaves alot to be desired

I eventually tried 4 times to send the request through their support form .... no answer!
    Thankfully after sending it off I noticed the live chat was online, they got my activation count reset within a couple of minutes, but my god why have a support form if no one is there to answer queries
    I'll know for next time not to waste my time with the form, and just check for live chat

It's just as well their software is top notch

I'm going to buy a copy of this with HyperFast (for SSD's). I will post back when I have a feel of things

Thankfully their trial of Diskeeper 2011 has HyperFast enabled so I am trying it atm. I had hoped I could add the HyperFast add-on to my current license but I forgot to ask so I'll check that out on Monday.

HyperFast
    Solid state drives are generally considered to be faster, more powerful, more efficient and in some respects more reliable than hard drives. The problem is, they start out really fast and then quickly start to lose their speed and over time become subject to corruption.

SSDs require that old data be erased before new data is written over it, rather than just writing over the old information like with hard drives. This doubles the wear and tear and can cause major issues.

HyperFast is the first ever solid state drive optimizer that is designed to keep your SSD laptops, desktops and netbooks running at top speeds while also extending the lifespan of your hardware - saving you money in replacement costs.

If you have a solid state drive, we recommend adding HyperFast. Since HyperFast was built to work within Diskeeper 2011, it retains all of the standard features that come with the selected Diskeeper edition you choose for computers that have both a solid state drive and a hard drive.
    Last edited by Lloyd_mcse; 03-12-2011 at 14:23.

Excellent, I was able to add HyperFast to my current license for £6.22