Thread: Norton Internet Security 2011 - Review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Norton Internet Security 2011 - Review

From time to time I like to test some different Anti Virus apps, I have been hearing some good things about Norton Internet Security 2011, so I thought I would give it a go... £29.99 for 3 PCs so not bad.
    The last time I tried Norton was about 7 years ago running XP, It was a nightmare, it was a massive resource hog, was generally slower than any other AV, could grind even the fastest sytems to a halt. and it would disconnect my mapped network drives everyday

To say things have changed would be a massive understatement, I currently have two 8MB processes, my system fells very responsive overall, browsing feels very quick too (using IE8, compared to other AV's running on the same system*).
    PCI Compliance is catered for too with a list of patched Vulnerabilities so you know exactly what has been patched.
    In the 70 days I have been running NIS 2011 I haven't had one false positive which is very good.
    I just left all the settings to default to get a feel for it out of the box, it did keep warning me about high CPU usuage of BOINC but I simply told it not to notify about this in future and that was sorted. Other than that I have hardly noticed it was there.
    The virus map is a nice touch too.

It's been running so well on this PC I have installed my other two copies on my laptop and rig 3 that's in my living room, I still have Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 installed on my Offce/PC Room PCs.

Norton Internet Security 2011 is definetly on my recommended list with KIS.

*System: Intel C2Q Q9400, Asus P5Q Deluxe P45, 8GB DDR2, 2x WD 1TB Black RAID0, 8800GTS, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    Last edited by Lloyd_mcse; 09-11-2011 at 15:06.