Thread: Random crashing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Mother View Post
    I would try looking at event viewer to see what it says.
    It has 314 events in total. 7 of them were critical all of which say Event ID: 41, Source: Kernel-Power

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Quote Originally Posted by =ETS=Mark1978 View Post
    It has 314 events in total. 7 of them were critical all of which say Event ID: 41, Source: Kernel-Power
    I had loads of bsods a while back and i'm sure it was the same error....it was my soundcard drivers, i updated and been ok since.

I know your probs gonna say i havent got a sound card but other peeps without soundcards were getting it and it was to do with the sound.

If you google that error you will get loads of pages about it....some say it was different things but the majority saying it was to do with the sound.

p.s i remember manually updating the sound rivers and it didnt fix the problem until i deleted the driver and let windows do it and that worked for me.

pps.....sometimes you have to look at the error prior to it shutting down for the cause as it will be what caused the shutdown in the first place.....does that even make sense lol.
    Last edited by Ya Mother; 29-06-2011 at 10:20.

i7 4770k 4.6ghz/Z-87 MSI G45 / X2 GTX770 Amp SLI / 16gb corsair vengeance/ X-fi Titanium soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/250gb Samsung ssd/Crucial 128gb ssd /Level 10 GT case/27" Qnix LPS 2560x1440 Monitor / Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ Rat 7 MMO/windows 7 x64 Pro. Huge penis and testicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Mother View Post
    I had loads of bsods a while back and i'm sure it was the same error....it was my soundcard drivers, i updated and been ok since.

I know your probs gonna say i havent got a sound card but other peeps without soundcards were getting it and it was to do with the sound.

If you google that error you will get loads of pages about it....some say it was different things but the majority saying it was to do with the sound.

p.s i remember manually updating the sound rivers and it didnt fix the problem until i deleted the driver and let windows do it and that worked for me.

pps.....sometimes you have to look at the error prior to it shutting down for the cause as it will be what caused the shutdown in the first place.....does that even make sense lol.
    Lol makes perfect sense mate. I do have a sound card and have updated the driver to the newest one. Ill see how it goes.

On the errors I don't get BSOD it just completely switches off. Literally as if some one has turned the switch off at the socket.