Well, yes and no :P

My best run is 2079.3 with overclocks etc. but without the "exploitation".

If you look at teh weightings they give a good percentage to the HDD and to a lesser degree the CD - there are relatively simple ways of exploting these areas.

To get masssive increases in your HDD score you can set up a RAM drive - basically using some of your PCs RAM as a drive (pretty similar to solid state drives).

I partitioned of 1GB of my RAM as a RAM disc and the access times are will over 2000 comared to under 200 for my RAID0 Raptors the read times with are 7-8 m/s on the RAID is 0 (instant) on a RAM drive - therefore HUGE increase in your HDD score.

To take this a step further you can then create a CD image (iso etc) and mount it after saving the image to your RAM drive - again instant access on your CD image therefoer huge score increases

Cheating / Exploiting or making the most of whats available I suppose that is down to the individuals stance but taking these realtively "simple" steps does produce vastly inflated scores :P

I will say, on the downside, that if you monitor your GPU clock speeds during the test the "3D" tests 1 and 2 (due to being run as a window) do not ramp your GPU(s) upto 3D speeds and therefore (in my opinion) are not true 3D tests, but 2D (ive raised this on the developers web site)

Either way quite a nice little app for a full system test